The “revelation” that Donald Trump, Jr. likes guns is hardly news – he has been open about that fact since his father declared for the presidency – but it was apparently enough to get folks in the real estate and media worlds buzzing.
“Donald Trump Jr. only had one requirement when house hunting in the Hamptons — a special room to store his beloved guns,” The New York Post has reported.
“The 41-year-old first son wasn’t immediately sold on the sprawling $4.5 million, seven-room Bridgehampton home he and his girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle, 50, are now in contract to buy, according to sources. “One of the first questions Don Jr. asked was where he could store his guns,” a source said. So the couple decided they would simply add a brand-new room, dedicated to Don Jr.’s firearms.”
There are “a lot of gun owners out here, and there is a big hunting season in the spring and fall,” the source told the Post. “Don Jr. loves to hunt. He is looking forward to spring and fall hunting season in the Hamptons.”
Of more immediate concern to Trump, Jr., however, is the defamation lawsuit that was recently filed against him by former Massy Energy CEO and U.S Senate candidate Don Blankenship.
“Last Thursday my attorneys filed a lawsuit against Donald Trump, Jr.,” a press release from Blankenship reads. “The lawsuit has to do with slanderous defaming tweets Trump Jr sent out around May 3rd last year, ie, a few days before the West Virginia Primary election. Essentially, Junior’s tweets said, “that I went to prison for actions that led to the deaths of twenty-nine coal miners”. This statement is totally false.”
Blankenship and his handlers drafted a press release Thursday night “explaining why we sued Trump Jr. Our intent was to inform as many Americans as possible. We sent the press release to a company called PR Newswire. PR Newswire is a major distributor of news stories and articles throughout the country.PR Newswire charges a fee for distributing press releases and we were paying that fee in advance. However, PR Newswire refused to distribute our release. They sent us an email explaining why.
“We then sent them another press release,” it continues, “and again offered to pay them their regular fee to distribute it. This second press release simply said that PR Newswire would not distribute our first press release announcing the lawsuit against Trump Jr. We attached to this second press release their email to us. PR Newswire then sent us another short email saying that they “would not partner with Don Blankenship”.