By: Lieba Nesis
As the Hamptons gala season continues to pick up steam the weekend of July 19-22nd is the most jam-packed yet. Nearly every inn is booked with the cheapest price being that of Southampton Long Island Hotel for $699 which has one room available-this hotel bills itself as “unfussy” which is never a good sign; moreover, it is inconveniently located 1.4 miles from Main Street. This past weekend had some notable firsts including a more than 200-person crowd gathered outside 75 Main in Southampton at midnight to join in the Friday festivities for 18 year olds and over. The evening included booze for those that showed the right driver’s license.
The $20 cover charge didn’t dissuade the teenagers and twenty somethings who were desperately trying to enter the overflowing venue. Saturday evening July 13th had four competing events including The Waxman Foundation’s Happening at the Fishel Estate (which was spectacular); Russell Simmon’s “Art For Life” benefit: St. Jude’s “Hope in the Hamptons”; The Parrish Art Museum Midsummer Party; and The South Fork Natural History Museum’s 30th Anniversary Benefit. The upcoming weekend will be even more outrageous with double the events in store and some major milestones including A Fashion Hamptons Week Sunday and a TV Awards show Monday night. Starting with Friday night here are some of the most exciting events of the weekend:
- Dancers for Good 4th Annual East Hampton Benefit-held at Guild Hall on July 19th the event begins at 7 PM with tickets ranging from $50-$500 and honorees Jerry Mitchell, Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon ensuring a host of luminaries will be present. Publicity honcho Norah Lawlor is running this celebration of dance which will bring together world-class companies, choreographers and performers under one roof. Please email [email protected] if you are interested in purchasing tickets.
- Dan’s Grill Hampton 2019 presented by New York Prime Beef-taking place at 19 Horsemill Lane in Bridgehampton on Friday at 7 PM this event is for food lovers only as Team Hamptons competes against Team NYC in a one-of-a-kind grilling competition. If you would like to buy tickets starting at $99 with VIP access for $185 head to [email protected] or call 631-725-8201.
The Hamptons Ferrari & Maserati Rand Brunch & Concours- beginning on Saturday at 11 AM the Fishel’s are opening up their estate for the 4th weekend in a row to benefit the Samuel Waxman Cancer Research Foundation and Southampton Hospital. Tickets are already closed for this $125 event but the cocktails, hand-rolled cigars, desserts, and hors d’oeuvres will guarantee your money’s worth.
- 2nd Annual Hamptons Interactive Influencer Brunch-on Saturday July 20th at 11 AM a tasting menu, rose lounge, beauty giveaways and celebrity appearances will occur at the Maidstone Hotel in Easthampton. Special honorees include Leesa Rowland, and Cara Woodhouse. For information on tickets which are priced from $350-$600 email [email protected].
LongHouse Reserve’s Summer Benefit 2019-on Saturday luminaries Donna Karan and Julian Schnabel will join premier entertainer Laurie Anderson for one of the highlights of the summer season. The magnificent grounds and elegant crowd create a combustible excitement that leaves an indelible impression. Moreover, none other than publicist extraordinaire Jonathan Marder is in charge ensuring the event will run without a hitch. Tickets start at $1,250 and are $650 for LongHouse Contemporary Members aged 21-35. If you are interested contact [email protected] or call 631-329-3568.
- 10th Annual “Unconditional Love Dinner Dance” to Benefit Southampton Shelter-Saturday’s event will be chaired by philanthropist Jean Shafiroff with honoree Aimee Sadler guaranteeing a top notch crowd. The shindig which begins at 6:30 PM features cocktails, dinner, auctions and a program. For the reasonable price of $500 with junior tickets available at $300 you can hobnob with luminaries Georgina Bloomberg and John Catsimatidis while hanging out in a tent on Wickapogue and Old Town Road. To purchase tickets email [email protected] or head to support.southamptonanimalshelter.com.
2019 Hampton Designer Showhouse Gala Preview Cocktail Party-running from 6-8:30 PM on July 20th at 66 Rosko Lane in Southampton the evening starts with a Gala Cocktail party to benefit Southampton Hospital. The Showhouse will be open to the public on July 21st. To purchase tickets for $225 call 212-980-1171 or contact [email protected].
- 8th Annual “St. Barth Hampton Gala”-beginning at 6 PM on Saturday and presented by Escada guests will enjoy the island-inspired fete hosted by Charlotte McKinney at 2368 Montauk Highway. There will be gourmet tastings, champagne and music by DJ Lee Kalt in a lavish white tent. Tickets can be purchased for $160 by calling Matt Richman at 212-580-0835 or contacting [email protected].
- Fashion Week in the Hamptons-for the first time ever on Sunday July 21st from 12 PM to 5:30 PM at 2368 Montauk Highway in Bridgehampton guests will have a full frontal fashion experience. Tickets can be purchased on eventbrite.com for $30-$275.
Rumor has it that John Mayer will be performing at Surf Lodge on July 21st. Call 631-483-5037 immediately to reserve your tickets now as they will sell out quickly.
- First Annual East Hampton TV Festival-taking place from Monday July 22nd-Tuesday July 23rd the festivities will be held at Guild Hall and will include a red carpet cocktail reception on Monday from 6 PM as well as a closing awards program the following night with both evenings containing multiple screenings. For $50 you can purchase VIP all access tickets on TicketPrinting.com or email [email protected]. For more information call 631-324-0806.
National News6 days ago
GOP Leader Demands Investigation Into Anti-Semitic Calif. High School Curriculum
National News1 day ago
From Bill Maher to Gloria Steinem; Celebrities Jump into the Tlaib/Omar Fray Head First
News1 week ago
Deconstructing Where American Media Has Gone Wrong
National News1 week ago
Conspiracy Theories Abound as Jeffrey Epstein is Found Dead in NYC Jail
National News2 weeks ago
AOC Wants Suit Filed Against Her by Dov Hikind Dismissed
New York City News2 days ago
NYPD Union Enraged as Crazed Mob in Bklyn Injure 3 Officers
New York City News1 week ago
NYPD Arrests Suspect in Violent Anti-Semitic Attack
Jewish Features2 weeks ago
G-d Doesn’t Go To Ibiza