The Hamptons social season begins this weekend as residents and guests start their summer with excited anticipation. There are dozens of new restaurants and shops as well as shows, movies and entertainment to sample. However, the galas and dinners are the essence of this dynamic hotspot so gear up for one of the most exhilarating summers.
Here is my top eleven list of events to attend:
- The 23rd Hamptons Annual Heart Ball: June 22nd at 6 PM at the Southampton Arts Center- The night includes live music, a cocktail hour, and a seated dinner with tickets for $600. Each year this fun-filled evening gathers hundreds of luminaries who come to fight the scourge of heart disease with a contagious enthusiasm. Honorees Toby and Larry Milstein will certainly ensure the night is well attended with the glitterati of New York. There is also an afterparty for $125-for more information head to the website at hamptonsheartball.org.
- Social Life Polo Match and Cocktail Party: Saturday June 29th and Saturday July 6th from 4 to 7 PM at 900 Lumber Lane in Bridgehampton hosted by Christie Brinkley. Maria and Ken Fishel open up their magnificent estate for one of the most exciting events of the summer. With only 500 tickets available guests are treated to drinks and hors d’oeuvres for the paltry price of $175 to $360. Watching a polo match while fraternizing with your Hampton friends sounds like the ideal evening. For more information go to polohamptons.com.
- The Parrish Art Museum Midsummer Party Gala- Parrish Art Museum at 279 Montauk Highway in Water Mill on Saturday July 13th with cocktails beginning at 6:30 PM. This is one of the premier events of the season as 500 artists, philanthropists, and business leaders join to honor the esteemed Parrish. This year honors Louise and Leonard Riggio as well as Maya Lin. Expect to see luminaries such as Jeff Koons, Don Lemon, Ronald Lauder and other superstars of the art world. Tickets begin at $1,500 per person with young patron tickets available for $500. For more information head to parrishart.org.
- 10th Annual Unconditional Love Gala- at Wickapogue and Old Town Road in Southampton-Saturday July 20th at 6:30 PM. Chair Jean Shafiroff invites guests to support the Southampton Animal Foundation with a night under the stars. For the reasonable price of $500 you will be treated to cocktails, dinner and dancing as well as live music by Elan Artists. For more information go to southamptonanimalshelter.com.
- 26th Annual Watermill Summer Benefit and Auction-The Water Mill Center at 39 Water Mill Towd Road from 6 PM to 12 AM. Robert Wilson brings illustrious guests from all over the world to view the installations and performances of artists from 25 countries throughout the 8.5 acres. Your jaw will drop as you enter this wonderland full of outrageous masterpieces. This evening allows emerging artists to showcase their wares in front of such luminaries as Robert Downey Jr., Isabella Rossellini and Sharon Stone. Tickets start at $1500 with cocktail tickets available for $500-for more information head to watermillcenter.org.
- The Stony Brook Southampton Hospital Summer Party- Wickapogue Road on Saturday August 3, 2019 with cocktails beginning at 6:30 PM. The evening will honor Martin and Jean Shafiroff whose tireless work for the Hospital doesn’t go unnoticed. Cocktails, dinner and dancing to benefit the Jenny and John Paulson Emergency Department can be had for $500 with more information available by contacting [email protected]
- Guild Hall Annual Summer Gala-Friday August 9th from 5-11 PM at 158 Main Street in East Hampton with a VIP Museum Preview beginning at 5 PM. This night gathers more than 500 swanky individuals with past attendees including Priyanka Chopra and Alec Baldwin. Expect to enjoy a night of cocktails dinner and live entertainment at an undisclosed private location. An exclusive preview of the “exhibition Ugo Rondinone: Sunny Dinner” will be given with dinner tickets starting at $1,400 and young patron tickets available for $250-for more information head to guildhall.org.
- 15th Annual Authors Night to Benefit East Hampton Library-555 Montauk Highway in Amagansett with the authors reception form 5 to 7:30 PM and dinner starting at 8. This happening allows Hamptonites to meet their 160 favorite authors with over 1,000 people attending this gathering. Tickets begin at $100 for the cocktail hour and go up to $2,500 for the dinner party. To purchase tickets email [email protected]
- Bow Wow Meow Ball-Saturday August 17th at 124 Daniels Hole Road in Wainscott- Cocktails begin at 6:30 PM and for the reasonable price of $750 you get to support the animal adoption center on its life-saving missions as well as being treated to dinner, dancing and the Peter Duchin Orchestra. The evening honors Isaac Mizrahi-for more information head to arfhamptons.org.
- Tenth Annual Apollo in the Hamptons-end of August-held at the home of Ronald Perelman in the East Hampton “Creeks”. This upward of $15,000 event draws entertainment ranging from Chris Martin and Bon Jovi to Jamie Foxx and Christina Augilera with guests such as Barbra Streisand, Jack Nicholson and Paul McCartney. This is where Katie Holmes met her current beau Jamie Foxx. If you have the funds be sure to attend by contacting Jodi Doherty at 212-531-5330.
- The Hampton Classic-240 Snake Hollow Road in Bridgehampton. The finale of the summer and this fantastic one-week premier horse jumping event will be held on Sunday September 1, 2019 where guests such as Mike Bloomberg, Brooke Shields and Martha Stewart will come donning their best hats and attire to enjoy the day’s festivities. Come VIP or don’t come at all and you won’t be disappointed.
National News2 weeks ago
US Synagogues, Summer Camps Prep for Active Shooter Scenarios
New York City News2 weeks ago
Bklyn Court Candidate Slams Victor Who Switched to Jewish Surname as ‘Deceptive’
International latest news1 week ago
Sarsour Claims Jesus was Palestinian; ‘Are You That Stupid?’ says Netanyahu’s Son
Op-Ed1 day ago
My Grandfather’s America
National News4 days ago
ANTIFA Radical Killed After Attacking ICE Center in Tacoma With Molotov Cocktails, Sited AOC Rhetoric in Manifesto
Breaking News3 weeks ago
Death Threats and Arrests of Palestinians Who Went to Bahrain
Fashion2 weeks ago
750 Hamptonites Gather at Fishel Estate for “Social Life” Magazine Party
Fashion2 weeks ago
Is it Worth Spending $20,000 for July 4th Weekend in the Hamptons?