Connect with us

Breaking News

Trump Admits Saudi Journalist Probably Killed; Khashoggi Tortured & Gruesomely Dismembered

Published

on

Asked Thursday by reporters whether Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was dead,  President Trump responded it “certainly looks” as if he is and that is “very sad.”

There will be “very severe” consequences if the Saudis killed him, promised Trump, speaking on the tarmac at Joint Base Andrews before boarding Air Force One.

Trump’s administration is willing to give Saudi Arabia a bit more time to finish its investigation into Turkish allegations that agents from the kingdom killed Khashoggi inside Riyadh’s consulate in Istanbul.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, after meeting with Saudi and Turkish leaders this week, briefed Trump at the White House earlier Thursday, telling him to give Saudi Arabia a few more days to complete its investigation of the disappearance of the writer, who lived in Virginia.

After the U.S. assesses the Saudi report, Pompeo said, “the United States will determine what the appropriate response might be.”

Pompeo said there were “a lot of stories out there about what has happened” to Khashoggi, but he declined to speculate on the outcome of investigations in Saudi Arabia and Turkey. The top U.S. diplomat said he believed “a complete picture will emerge” from the probes.

Pompeo said he told Saudi King Salman and the country’s de facto leader, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, that the U.S. was taking Khashoggi’s fate “very seriously,” but also noted that the U.S. and Saudi Arabia have had a “strategic alliance” for decades.

Meanwhile, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said he was dropping out of next week’s Saudi investment conference in Riyadh. The conference is designed to showcase the crown prince’s effort to diversify the Saudi economy beyond its role as the world’s leading oil exporter. Numerous Western corporate chieftains had already pulled out of the three-day gathering as Saudi Arabia struggles to answer questions about Khashoggi’s fate.

Pompeo’s discussion with Trump came as Turkish investigators carried out a new search of the consulate, their second this week, and completed a nine-hour search of the nearby residence of the Saudi consul to Istanbul, Mohammad al-Otaibi, who abruptly returned to Riyadh on Tuesday.

Saudi Arabia has denied knowledge of Khashoggi’s disappearance. Pompeo said as he left Riyadh that the Saudi leaders did not want to discuss any facts of the case while they carried out their investigation. They have promised to release results to the public.

After meeting with the Saudi leaders, Pompeo flew to the Turkish capital, Ankara, to meet with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu.

According to a Washington Examiner report, pro-government Turkish media have published investigators’ claims that the Saudi agents cut off Khashoggi’s fingers, decapitated him and then dismembered his body shortly after he arrived at the consulate Oct. 2 to pick up documents so he could marry his fiancee, Turkish national Hatice Cengiz. She waited in vain outside for Khashoggi’s return. Khashoggi has not been seen since.

The Examiner reported that Khashoggi was then believed to be dragged into the consul’s study next door and injected with an unknown substance as he screamed and struggled.

The report indicated that a doctor of forensics who had traveled with the agents from Riyadh to Istanbul beheaded and dismembered Khashoggi’s body, offering the Saudi team some advice. Listen to music to ease the tension, he told them. He wore headphones himself.

Yeni Safak reported that the doctor of forensics began cutting up Khashoggi’s body “while he was still alive.” The Saudis have not given an explanation of what happened to Khashoggi.

Photos circulating show Khashoggi’s body in pieces and his face cut off his skull. The depictions of the gruesome dismembering were so reprehensible that web sites made the decision not to publish them. In addition to his arms and legs being cut off, Khashoggi’s murderers also carved out his sexual organs.

The pro-government newspaper Sabah identified Saudi security official Maher Abdulaziz Mutreb as the leader of what it said was a 15-member “assassination team” that flew into Istanbul to carry out the execution of Khashoggi.

The Turkish newspaper said Mutreb, who has been photographed near the crown prince on his foreign travels this year, was spotted on surveillance tapes entering the consulate more than three hours before Khashoggi arrived, then later the same day outside the consul’s residence and then again in the evening at the airport as he left Turkey.

Meanwhile, the Post published what it said it thought would be Khashoggi’s last column, one in which he decried the lack of freedom of the press in the Arab world.

“The Arab world is facing its own version of an Iron Curtain, imposed not by external actors but through domestic forces vying for power,” he wrote.

“The Arab world needs a modern version of the old transnational media so citizens can be informed about global events. More important, we need to provide a platform for Arab voices,” Khashoggi said

Continue Reading
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Irwin Graulich

    10/19/2018 at 2:44 pm

    Thank God Khashoggi is dead. He deserved much worse. Calling the FAKE “Palestinian Nakba” similar to The Holocaust, as he had written, is a Chillul Hashem on the 6 million Jews who actually perished. Whoever did kill Khashoggi and cut him into pieces, hopefully while he was still alive, did a great mitzvah!!!

    Only Fake News liars like Don Lemon could blame Donald Trump for Khoshoggi’s murder, when it is really the media itself who caused it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Daily Newsletter

Get all the breaking news delivered right to your inbox as it happens

Sign Up Now!