27 More Women Accuse Talk Show Host Charlie Rose of Sexual Harassment

Infamous television journalist and former talk show host Charlie Rose has now been accused of sexually harassing 35 different women during his career. (Photo Credit: Wikipedia)

Infamous television journalist and former talk show host Charlie Rose has been accused of sexual harassment by another 27 women based on a report released on Thursday, May 3. The report also said that as early as 1986 and as recent as April 2017, CBS had been alerted of Rose’s alleged misbehavior.

In November, CBS and PBS fired the 76-year-old journalist following accusations of sexual misconduct against Rose by eight women.

According to the Washington Post, which spent five months interviewing and speaking with over 100 of Rose’s former colleagues, an additional 27 women have now revealed that they too were harassed by the journalist. Of these 27 alleged victim, 14 were employees at CBS News and the other 13 worked with Rose at other companies.

These most recent claims date back as far as 1976, which is when former research assistant Joana Matthias, while employed with Rose at NBC News’ Washington bureau, says he allegedly exposed his penis to her and groped her breasts.

63-year-old Matthias told the news outlet, “This other personality would come through, and the groping would happen.”

Then in 1986, CBS news clerk Annmarie Parr, who was 22-years-old at that time, told her boss inappropriate comments that Rose was saying to her.

While Rose was filling in as an anchor on “CBS Morning News,” Parr claims he asked her, “Annmarie, do you like sex? Do you enjoy it? How often do you like to have sex?”

She told her boss who was a senior producer that she did not want to be left alone with Rose. Parr’s boss laughed about Rose’s comments and told her, “Fine, you don’t have to be alone with him anymore.”

Page Six reports, “CBS was sued that same year by seven women, including Beth Homan-Ross, who claimed the workplace on the network’s overnight broadcast ‘Nightwatch’ was ‘offensive and hostile’ to female workers. Rose was a co-anchor for the show but was not named as a defendant in the suit — which was settled under confidential terms in 1987. Homan-Ross said Rose frequently made sexual comments about her breasts and buttocks while she was working as his assistant producer. Her work required her to travel to Rose’s home. Sometimes, she said, he would open the door naked, holding a towel, and more than once he invited her into his bathroom while he showered. ‘It was a sexual land mine everywhere you stepped,’ said Homan-Ross, now 61.”

The newly revealed allegations all accuse Rose of sexual explicit comments and lude touching. Rose denies that he acted inappropriately to any of these 27 women.

In an email to the Washington Post, Rose said, “Your story is unfair and inaccurate.”

While CBS insists that its human resource department had received no complaints about Rose and his behavior.

In a statement, CBS said, “Since we terminated Charlie Rose, we’ve worked to strengthen existing systems to ensure a safe environment where everyone can do their best work. Some of the actions we have taken have been reported publicly, some have not. We offer employees discretion and fairness, and we take swift action when we learn of unacceptable behavior. That said, we cannot corroborate or confirm many of the situations described. We continue to look for ways to improve our workplace and this period of reflection and action has been important to all of us. We are not done with this process.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

US Designates Hezbollah, 4 Other Groups as Top Threats

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Monday designated five groups, including the Lebanese Hezbollah and the Central American street gang MS-13, as “top transnational organized crime threats,” targeting them for stepped up prosecutions by the Justice Department. Sessions identified the other...

INTERNATIONAL NEWS