If you use brown rice syrup in this recipe you will taste the delicate sweetness but you will not experience the sudden spike in blood sugar caused by desserts made with regular sugar. Natural, and made with fermented brown rice, brown rice syrup is a great source of manganese, iron, potassium and B- group vitamins.
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup brown rice syrup (or 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1) Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ or 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
2) In a large bowl, beat together the applesauce and brown rice syrup until smooth. Add the vanilla, baking soda, salt, and bananas, beating until well combined. The mixture will be fairly smooth, with some scattered small chunks of banana.
3) Beat in the honey and eggs.
4) Add the flour, then the walnuts, stirring until smooth.
5) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
6) Bake the bread for 50 minutes, then gently lay a piece of aluminum foil across the top, to prevent over-browning. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, then remove the bread from the oven; a long toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center should come out clean.
*All ovens vary in temperatures so please use your discretion with baking times!
7) Allow the loaf to cool for 10 minutes; then remove it from the pan, and set it on a rack to cool completely.
Yield: 1 loaf, 16 to 18 servings.
National News1 week ago
Pelosi, Schumer to Address J Street Confab Alongside PLO Members
New York City News7 days ago
NJ ‘Orthodox’ Jewish Man Hosting Orgies in E Village Apt; Wife Wants Divorce
Op-Ed1 week ago
If You Liked the Mueller Investigation, You’ll Love Impeachment
New York City News1 week ago
Scarlett Johansson Continues to Support Woody Allen Despite Dylan Farrow’s Hate Campaign
Education1 week ago
Report: Anti-Semitic Harassment at U.S. College Campuses Hits Historic Levels
New York City News3 weeks ago
NY Rabbi Calls Out DeBlasio & Elected Officials for Inaction on Anti-Semitism
Special Features3 weeks ago
A Tri-Generational Bat Mitzvah For A Donor-Conceived Family
National News7 days ago
ACT for America to Hold Event at Mar-a-Lago; Media Maligns Group