If you use brown rice syrup in this recipe you will taste the delicate sweetness but you will not experience the sudden spike in blood sugar caused by desserts made with regular sugar. Natural, and made with fermented brown rice, brown rice syrup is a great source of manganese, iron, potassium and B- group vitamins.
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup brown rice syrup (or 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1) Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ or 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
2) In a large bowl, beat together the applesauce and brown rice syrup until smooth. Add the vanilla, baking soda, salt, and bananas, beating until well combined. The mixture will be fairly smooth, with some scattered small chunks of banana.
3) Beat in the honey and eggs.
4) Add the flour, then the walnuts, stirring until smooth.
5) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
6) Bake the bread for 50 minutes, then gently lay a piece of aluminum foil across the top, to prevent over-browning. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, then remove the bread from the oven; a long toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center should come out clean.
*All ovens vary in temperatures so please use your discretion with baking times!
7) Allow the loaf to cool for 10 minutes; then remove it from the pan, and set it on a rack to cool completely.
Yield: 1 loaf, 16 to 18 servings.
National News5 days ago
GOP Leader Demands Investigation Into Anti-Semitic Calif. High School Curriculum
News1 week ago
Deconstructing Where American Media Has Gone Wrong
National News1 week ago
Conspiracy Theories Abound as Jeffrey Epstein is Found Dead in NYC Jail
National News2 weeks ago
AOC Wants Suit Filed Against Her by Dov Hikind Dismissed
New York City News1 week ago
NYPD Arrests Suspect in Violent Anti-Semitic Attack
New York City News1 day ago
NYPD Union Enraged as Crazed Mob in Bklyn Injure 3 Officers
Jewish Features2 weeks ago
G-d Doesn’t Go To Ibiza
Breaking News2 weeks ago
Terror Attack at Efrat